PRP treatment is also known as platelet-rich plasma therapy. It consists of two elements, basically plasma (liquid portion of the blood)and platelet (helps in healing throughout the body). PRP is simply blood that contains more platelets than normal, injected in the affected or injured area to get the desired results. PRP treatment is prevalent in Hair loss treatment. In the PRP treatment for hair loss, blood is taken from the patient’s body and then separated from the platelet-rich plasma, and then injected into the scalp. For more details you can see PRP treatment in India.
The procedure of the PRP treatment for Hair loss:
- Blood Draw: The First step in the Prp treatment is that a small amount is drawn out of the patient’s arm.
- Centrifugation: The blood sample is put into the centrifugal machine, which spins at a very high speed, separating the platelet-rich plasma from the rest of the blood.
- Preparation: After the PRP is separated from the collected sample, it is prepared for injection.
- Numbing: Before injecting the PRP injection, your scalp will be numbed with the anesthetic to make the procedure painless for the patient
- Injection: After numbing the scalp area, the PRP is carefully injected into the scalp where hair loss is present.
- Recovery: After the procedure, you might feel some redness or swelling in the injected area, but it will normalize within a day or two.
For reference, you can check hair loss treatment in Vizag.
Risks of the PRP treatment
PRP treatment is generally considered to be safe, but there are some potential risks, such as:
- Infection: There is a risk of infection in the injected area, which can be avoided with the use of sterilization techniques.
- Pain or Discomfort: In this procedure, local anesthesia is used which is used to minimize the discomfort or pain. However, some people might feel discomfort even after using anesthesia.
- Bruising or Swelling: A patient might feel a little swelling and bruise at the injected site after the surgery, but it will normalize within a few days.
- Allergic reactions: Some people might get some allergic reactions after the Prp injection.
Advantages of the Prp treatment
The most important advantage of the PRP treatment in India is that it uses a person’s healing properties to treat hair growth. Prp has the potential to stimulate hair follicles which helps in promoting hair growth and improving hair density. As the PRP is derived from your blood, there are fewer chances of any kind of allergy and any side effects. Other than this, PRP treatment is nonsurgical treatment and has a minimally invasive procedure, meaning there is not a lengthy procedure for the recovery. It is important to note that the specific procedure and risks can vary according to the situation. So, it is best advised to consult a professional hair loss treatment in Vizag for more detailed specifications in your case.